Tuesday, January 1, 2013

    Happy New Year!




    Victoria and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy, and healthy, New Year. We are blessed and honoured to have so many loyal readers - we're currently averaging 1,000 hits a day. And as a thoroughly unexpected New Year's gift, Number One London has been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by author Susan Ardelie, whose fabulous 18th Century blog, Life Takes Lemons, can be found here. Thank you, Susan!  An added bonus was that we discovered other historical blogs that we were unaware of via her site and which have been added to our "Amusing Blogs" section in the right hand sidebar.


    1. Thank the person who nominated you.
    2. Add the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ image to your post.
    3. Share seven things about you.
    4. Pass the award on to seven nominees.
    5. Include this set of rules.
    6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.

      Seven things about us:
       Victoria:
      Despite appearances to the contrary, I live in the early 19th century – except for the plumbing.
      I am incredibly lazy.
      I hide it as well as I can.
      I am a super procrastinator.
      I never go anywhere without a book in my bag.
      I alternate between being obsessively neat and horribly messy.
      I buy a lot of make-up but wear very little.
      Kristine:
      My current addiction is York peppermint patties.
      And Farmville.
      I'm incredibly lazy and rarely worry about hiding the fact.
      I cannot live without books.
      Or botox.
      I love Ralph Lauren.
      When I die, my ashes will be scattered in London.
      US:
      We’d rather be in London.
      We’re more likely to be at our computer keyboards rather than anywhere else.
      We will brave sore feet and any other hardships to take in one more sight (in England only).
      Our husbands basically understand, though they like to pretend they don’t.
      We are bound and determined to own a UK bolthole before we die.
      We are both working under the assumption that she who dies with the most books wins.
      We are both sorely tried by the fact that we weren't born in the 19th Century. Although if we had been, there wouldn't be any peppermint patties. Or botox. Or indoor plumbing. Or really good make up . . . . .
      7 Blogs to Recognize:


    No comments:

    Post a Comment